Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Law of Attraction?


Bippity Boppity Boo, has it EVER happened to you? Call it “Law of Attraction”, “Cosmic Ordering” or just dang luck, but there seems to be abundance in positive thinking when it comes to hunting for something second hand.




“IF YOU EVER SEE……..” .Only half in jest, my friends beg my attention with mournful requests for certain items, and nine times out of ten the coveted item will be found. And needless to say, “throwing it out to the universe” has become ritual in our family.




I am currently looking for a good leather belt, and size 12 Crocs, for my son in law, as well as Sinatra on vinyl for the guy who styles my hair, and for the next few years ANYTHING Hollister will be a hit with my pre-teen granddaughter.



Years back it was a beautiful tweed “city coat” for my friend’s husband, and to this day, at dinner parties it’s inevitable that she’ll point to me and say….”If you ever want……”




There seems to be a different ethos within the thrifting community shifts the universe toward sending us what we need. Could this be because most people who find joy in thrifting are not greedy, but simply creative people who love the “hunt” and who feel great joy in sharing with others. Again,“The Law of Attraction”?




Recently a “Rosebud” told the story of finding Tiki Lights for a wedding at a Yard Sale after searching all the retail outlets in Boone. It was a great, and inexpensive find, and just made the day! You can’t help but wonder sometimes about this synchronicity.




The Pea Coat, most beautiful, authentic, made in Boston and mint condition, was found last week in the Goodwill in Black Mountain. My intention to find one had been “out there” for about a month, and I must admit that I am always filled with wonder and disbelief when something is manifested.




I do believe that the magic wands that bring us this abundance will remain fine tuned if we stay in a place of gratitude for the abundance we create. Happy hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment